Every month, a blog about Thailand will be named “Blog of the Month” as chosen by fellow bloggers and readers to the site. The winner each month will nominate five more blogs that they think deserve to win. The blog with the highest rating at the end of the month will then be named Blog of the Month. They in turn have to nominate five more blogs. One of these, in turn, will be voted Blog of the Month for the following month. And so it goes on.
THE WINNER FOR THAILAND VOICE BLOG OF THE MONTH FOR JUNE 2014:
Here are some of their latest blogs:
- The Elephant Temple or Wat Phra That Chae Kham in NanNot to be confused with the Wat Phra That Chae Heang (5-km out of Nan town). Locally also know as Wat Chang (Elephant Temple), because of the elephants supporting the Chedi. Build in a mix style of Lanna and Tai Lue, probably around begin 1500. This temple is famous for its pure golden Buddha in Sukhothai style and for its… ... read more
- To Travel or not to TravelAs you might notice the lay-out of the web-site has changed (again) a little bit. All thanks to new options of Blogger. And you will also see that most postings nowadays are about Nan province. Yes, the wonderful province I am living since 1 year. And I still love it!In the mean while I am also working on another website… ... read more
- The “Identity of Nan Museum” in NanI had passed this museum already many times and always thought "I should have a look next time". But next time always became next time. Until yesterday, when I did finally stopped and had a look.It is a modern & professional museum about the history of Nan province. It starts with the pre-historical time-line of the area of what we… ... read more
- The Wat Suan Tan in NanThe just renovated ChediIn a serie about temples in Nan here the Wat Suan Tan. It a bit out of the ordinary tempel, as it has 2 Viharns, a large Chedi in Sukhothai style and a library building (Ho Trai). Although it is a 14th century temple, it is still in use as it is one of the only temples in… ... read more
- WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers Giveaway: PickUp ThaiWLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers Giveaway… Welcome to the FIRST prize in WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers giveaway! Please read Vote THAI | 2017: Top 100 Language Lovers Competition to find out what to expect. And if you haven’t voted yet [wink][wink] clicking the red TLL logo to the right will take you there. PickupThai Podcast… To… ... read more
NOMINATIONS FOR BLOG OF THE MONTH FOR JULY 2014:
To help your favourite blog win next month, click on the link to visit their page on Thailand Voice. Scroll to the bottom of the page and then give them a high rating.