his blog is all about understanding Thailand’s culture code – that complex set of factors that shape the values, beliefs and behaviour of Thai people. Their culture code is so very different to ours in the West. The blog is designed to help visitors – holiday makers, students and those hoping to work and settle there. It is what makes us uniquely different. Each country has a different interpretation of everyday words, living things and objects – in other words a ‘Code’. When you combine all these different ‘codes’ together it creates a unique reference system that people living in these cultures use without having to think about. Children born into this environment simply absorb and accept these meanings without thought or question. These reference systems guide people in very different ways.
Blog Name: Thailand’s Culture Code
Blogger: Samuel J Parker
- The Mighty Chao Phraya
- A Word in English if I may
- Street Food - Still a Growth Market
- Songkran - Time to Splash Out*
- The Wai - More Than Meets the Eye
- Who Ever is Teaching Them to Drive Should Stop!
- Engaging the Spirits of the Land
- Thailand's LGBT Community
- Thai proverbs - a cultural insight
- The iconic Erawan Shrine - Bangkok
Please leave a rating for this blog: